Srinagar, June 23: A 14-year-old boy died due to electrocution in Paris Abad in central Kashmir’s Budgam district on Sunday evening.
Reports reaching GNS said that the boy Sajad Hussain Wani son of Ali Mohd Wani was carrying heap of grass on his shoulders when he suddenly came in contact with a High Tension (HT) line which is passing very low through the paddy fields of Paris Abad, which is nearly 3 kilometers distance from main town Budgam.
A police officer also confirmed the incident and said that the youth suffered critical burn injuries in the incident.
He said that the youth was immediately shifted to nearby hospital where he was declared brought dead on arrival.
Meanwhile, local residents of the area alleged that the PDD department despite repeated requests failed to raise the height of HT line as a result of which a precious life was lost today.
“We have in time and again requesting them to lift the HT line and raise its height so that there is no threat to humans due to it but to no avail,” locals said. (GNS)